RIYADH: Saudi officials have rejected claims that the Kingdom’s leadership is encouraging Washington to extend its confrontation with Iran, dismissing reports that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has pressed President Donald J. Trump to pursue a more aggressive course.
BREAKING: A Saudi source to Al Arabiya says the Kingdom denies claims that its leadership prefers prolonging the Iran war.
“The Foreign Minister had previously confirmed the Kingdom’s patience has limits.”
— Clash Report (@clashreport) March 24, 2026
A Saudi source told Al Arabiya that the Kingdom “categorically denies” suggestions its leadership favors prolonging the war. The statement came after The New York Times reported that the crown prince had conveyed to Mr. Trump that he saw a “historic opportunity” to reshape the Middle East and urged the destruction of Iran’s “hard‑line” government, citing people briefed by American officials.
Interestingly, when President Trump was asked if MBS was encouraging him to do certain things related to Iran? He said “He does—he is a warrior. He is fighting with us, by the way.”
Reporter: Is MBS encouraging you to do certain things related to Iran?
Trump: He does—he is a warrior. He is fighting with us, by the way. pic.twitter.com/WMrTHEcOlt
— Clash Report (@clashreport) March 24, 2026
Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister has previously cautioned that the Kingdom’s “patience has limits,” underscoring Riyadh’s frustration with Tehran’s regional policies. But officials insist that does not translate into lobbying for military escalation.
Earlier this month, the Saudi Embassy in Washington also rejected a Washington Post report alleging that Riyadh had privately encouraged Mr. Trump to launch strikes against Iran. The embassy described the claims as “baseless,” reiterating that Saudi Arabia’s position is focused on stability and de‑escalation.















