KARACHI: Sindh government has decided to once again impose a three-hour complete lockdown on Friday between 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM to stop large gatherings during weekly congregation prayers.
The Home Department said a complete lockdown for three hours will be imposed tomorrow during the timings of Friday prayers, but the orders will not apply to private hospitals. The department has also warned strict action against persons involved in the violation of restrictions.
The provincial government had banned all kinds of public and religious gatherings across Sindh in order to contain the outbreak of coronavirus. Last week the provincial government imposed similar measures to prevent large gatherings during Friday congregations prayers.
The government is considering to ease the lockdown on April 15 onwards in several phases. Commissioner Karachi Iftikhar Shalwani said the administration was working on standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the reopening of markets and restoration of business activities
The total number of coronavirus cases reached to 1,128 till Thursday evening, the second-highest figure after Punjab having cases up to 2,214 out of overall 4,462 across the country.
ADVERTISEMENT














