ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Wednesday issued a stern messages to India, warning from any further aggression.
Addressing a special ceremony in connection with the passing of one year of Indian aggression on Pakistan, the foreign minister said the eastern neighbour violated our sovereignty and launched an aggression on Pakistan, but the nation responded befittingly to show its resolve and capability.
The foreign minister said the first message to India is to not consider any ill misadventure as Pakistan will respond immediately as self-defence.
He said Kashmir is an internationally recognised dispute. He questioned if it was India’s internal affair then why did it organise a briefing for UNSC members last month on Kashmir.
He said the two reports of UN High Commissioner for Human Rights cannot be ignored. Similarly, the reports of EU and All Parties Group in the British Parliament depict the real situation in Occupied Kashmir.
Referring to the Afghan situation, he said Pakistan’s believes there is no military solution to the Afghan conflict, and rather it is only negotiated settlement that will bring peace in the war-torn country.
Qureshi said his second message is for international community that drifts to bilateralism from multilateralism is dangerous for peace and stability in South Asia. He said Pakistanis and Kashmiris will never accept the steps taken on 5th August.
In his third message, Qureshi said governments can come and go but consensus on Kashmir remains the same across the board in Pakistan.
In his fourth and final message for armed forces of Pakistan, Qureshi said the nation is proud of you for rendering sacrifices to defeat the menace of terrorism and defending the frontiers of the motherland.
Chairman Kashmir Committee Syed Fakhar Imam, in his speech, said that Indian steps in Kashmir are today vindicating the two-nation theory of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
ADVERTISEMENT














