PESHAWAR: Officials of KPK govt said on Sunday that over 100 private hospitals in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have allocated a total of 387 beds at the request of the health department as part of a strategy to address the threats by the epidemic of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) which originated from China.
Speaking to the media ” Dr Tahir Nadim Khan, Provincial Director-General of Health department said, “We are deeply grateful to 98 private hospital officials across the province for reserving beds for the cases of coronavirus. We have released directives for the relevant management in this regard.
READ MORE: Four more polio cases emerged in Sindh, KPK
The DG further said focal persons were appointed for all regions while hospitals were allocated to tackle the deadly virus.
Earlier, the number of casualties from China’s new coronavirus outbreak reached to 803 on Sunday after 81 new deaths were confirmed in the hard-hit Hubei province.
It is assumed that the new virus appeared last year in a market selling wild animals in Hubei’s capital Wuhan, the city at the center of the epidemic, before spreading throughout the country.
ADVERTISEMENT














