ISLAMABAD: Chairman Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Shabbar Zaidi has announced to resume his office duties from January 20, putting to rest rumours over any friction with the prime minister.
The FBR spokesman earlier said, “Chairman FBR will be the part of the trader’s convention on 20 January, the news of their disagreements between the Chairman and Prime Minister of Pakistan and the economic team under Abdul Hafeez Sheik was based on lies and conjecture.”
READ MORE: Negotiations underway with protesting transporters: Minister
Chairman FBR Shabbar Zaidi also tweeted, “Alhumdulillah, feeling better. Had tests and treatment done at Gastro Deptt of SIUT Karachi. Diagnostic reports are OK. Mild inflammation in the track. Doctors advised 15 days rest. Inshallah will join on the 20th. Thanks to all who sent well-being messages. Pray for early recovery.”
https://twitter.com/ShabarZaidi/status/1216055078722965506?prefetchTimestamp=1578797149383
Earlier on January 3, Chairman Federal Board of Revenue Shabbar Zaidi had said that the traders getting a new form of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) would be implemented from February.
While conducting a media conference, The FBR chairman said that the form of production of CNIC for the traders will be enforced from the next month.
Shabbar Zaidi further said that the CNIC’s condition on the purchase of over 50,000 rupees was never taken back. In this regard, the traders were cooperating with the government, he added.
ADVERTISEMENT














