No Result
View All Result
Monday, August 24, 2026
MM News
اردو
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • National
  • Showbiz
    Dennis Quaid, David Oyelowo and Forrest Goodluck in the 'Lawmen: Bass Reeves' finale Paramount+

    Popular Paramount+ western ‘Lawmen: Bass Reeves’ set for Netflix release

    Taana Baana’s ‘Qurban’ Eid campaign draws backlash

    In Pictures: Met Gala Best and Worst looks

    Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz in 2016. (Donato Sardella/Getty)

    Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden welcome third child

    LHC partially suspends damages ruling against Meesha Shafi in Ali Zafar defamation case

    Nimra Khan announces second marriage

    Colombian pop star Shakira performs during her free concert on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Saturday, May 2, 2026. (AP Photo/Silvia Izquierdo)

    Shakira lights up Rio with free concert attended by 2 million

    What Dananeer Mobeen is doing in London?

    Riteish Deshmukh’s Raja Shivaji movie garners critical acclaim

    Eric Bana as Kyle Turner, Lily Santiago as Naya Vasquez in Untamed.Courtesy of Netflix

    Fancy gripping mystery? Netflix’s ‘Untamed’ is a must-watch

  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side
MM News
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • National
  • Showbiz
    Dennis Quaid, David Oyelowo and Forrest Goodluck in the 'Lawmen: Bass Reeves' finale Paramount+

    Popular Paramount+ western ‘Lawmen: Bass Reeves’ set for Netflix release

    Taana Baana’s ‘Qurban’ Eid campaign draws backlash

    In Pictures: Met Gala Best and Worst looks

    Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz in 2016. (Donato Sardella/Getty)

    Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden welcome third child

    LHC partially suspends damages ruling against Meesha Shafi in Ali Zafar defamation case

    Nimra Khan announces second marriage

    Colombian pop star Shakira performs during her free concert on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Saturday, May 2, 2026. (AP Photo/Silvia Izquierdo)

    Shakira lights up Rio with free concert attended by 2 million

    What Dananeer Mobeen is doing in London?

    Riteish Deshmukh’s Raja Shivaji movie garners critical acclaim

    Eric Bana as Kyle Turner, Lily Santiago as Naya Vasquez in Untamed.Courtesy of Netflix

    Fancy gripping mystery? Netflix’s ‘Untamed’ is a must-watch

  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
MM News
اردو
  • Latest
  • Showbiz
  • Thought Box
  • Business & Stock
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side-Pakistan
Home Uncategorized

New Zealand cancelled tour after fake threat email from India: Fawad Chaudhry

MM News Staff by MM News Staff
September 22, 2021
Reading Time: 4 mins read
He was addressing a joint press conference along with Minister for Interior Sheikh Rashid Ahmed. Source: FILE.

He was addressing a joint press conference along with Minister for Interior Sheikh Rashid Ahmed. Source: FILE.

ISLAMABAD: Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain said that the cancellation of New Zealand Cricket team’s tour of Pakistan was the result of fifth-generation hybrid war against Pakistan as fake news was generated by India to scuttle the tour.

Addressing a joint press conference along with Minister for Interior Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, he said India had been hatching conspiracies against Pakistan but like the past, it would fail to weaken Pakistan’s standing at international level. He said that India had made huge investment in Afghanistan to use its soil for operating terrorists in Pakistan but after fall of Kabul all its investment was wasted.

The minister disclosed that the threatening email was generated from a secure service Proton mail and Pakistan has requested Interpol to assist for further probe.

ADVERTISEMENT

He said that on August 19, a Facebook post was circulated from fabricated account made in the name of Ehsanullah Ehsan (ex spokesman of Tehreek -e-Taliban Pakistan) on social media asking New Zealand Cricket Board and government not to send the team to Pakistan, as plans had been made to target the New Zealand team but the post was not found on Facebook.

He said that after two days, an Indian newspaper Sunday Guardian Bureau Chief Abhinandan Mishra wrote an article claiming that the New Zealand cricket team may face a terrorist attack in Pakistan. The article was based on the fake post of Ehsanullah Ehsan and Mishra was also found in contact with former Afghan Vice President Amrullah Saleh.

He said that projection of threat by publication of an article by the Bureau Chief of a reputed Indian paper based on a fake social media post suggested an orchestrated campaign to scuttle the tour.

Fawad said that on August 24, New Zealand cricketer Martin Guptill’s wife received a threat threatening to kill thim while on tour. The email account was generated at 01:05AM, on Aug 24 and emailed on the same day at 11:59AM. It was obvious that the email was generated purposefully as no other activity was found from the same email.

He said that despite all these tactics, New Zealand tour was not cancelled and its team arrived in Pakistan on September 11 and 12 in two chartered flights. The team attended practice sessions at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on September 13 and 14 and no threat alert was reported. Both the teams again carried out practice in the evening on September 16.

He said on September 17, NZ government expressed concern over the reported credible threat and cancelled the tour unilaterally without sharing the details of the threat.

He said that on September 18, Interpol Wellington informed Interpol Islamabad about receipt of a threat email to New Zealand Police requesting further probe. Fawad said that email was sent 15 minutes after the ID was created and it was generated for a specific purpose.

The minister said email was sent from an associated device in India using VPN showing IP address/ location of Singapore. He said that social media revealed that the possible user of this email ID is an Indian from Mumbai.

He said that timing and text of the threat email suggest that this threat was not the reason for cancellation of the tour but was issued just after the cancellation to malign Pakistan and substantiate the security concerns of New Zealand and other touring countries.

Fawad said that the involvement of Indian media and intelligence agencies in a systematic campaign to malign Pakistan based on a concocte social media campaign and indicates malafide intent. He said that FIA would contact Interpol/Proton mail for provision of details. He said Pakistan was sure that the same agencies were behind this email ID that had sent the threat mail.

He said that FIA was in contact with Interpol to provide further details of email IDs and Pakistan would also request other cricket teams to share security-related concerns. He said the Indian Disinformation campaign based on false threat alert led to unilateral cancelation of tour by New Zealand.

He said this was a very serious trend and ICC must take notice of these nefarious and malicious acts of Indian nationals, otherwise it will adversely impact the game for many years.

He said that during Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit the information reached there at a time when PM Imran Khan was to make his speech.   He said that after the speech, the prime minister was informed about New Zealand’s decision to abandon the tour. He was requested by PCB chairman Rameez Raja to call his New Zealand counterpart to assure about security of its players.

PM Imran Khan said New Zealand’s Prime Minister that cancellation of the tour would result in people’s frustration and anger. She insisted that she had critical information about the plot to attack New Zealand cricketers.

He said that PCB chairman Rameez Raja, foreign ministry and Interior ministry would take up the issue at all concerned forums. The minister thanked the cricket fraternity including international players and cricket lovers from all over the world for supporting Pakistan.

Tags: CricketNew Zealandpakistan
ShareTweetSendShare
Previous Post

National T20 tournament set to commence tomorrow

Next Post

Govt announces reduction in ghee, sugar, flour prices

Related Stories

According to reports, police in Karachi’s South district took into custody eight women, including leaders of the Aurat March and the transgender community, as they arrived at the press club to hold a press conference.
Uncategorized

Sheema Kermani among eight Aurat March activists arrested

May 5, 2026
(File)
Uncategorized

Tariq Malik recognized among world’s top identity leaders

May 5, 2026
Uncategorized

Three Karachi young men drown in Hub River

May 3, 2026
Uncategorized

Battle of Truth: Pakistan’s Strategic Triumph

May 3, 2026
Next Post
The finance minister said food inflation has also declined during the last one year. Source: APP/PID.

Govt announces reduction in ghee, sugar, flour prices

Latest

Oil prices fall a second day as Trump indicates possible Iran peace deal

4 months ago

The disconnect in Pakistan’s Hepatitis C elimination drive

4 months ago

Pakistan welcomes first transshipment cargo vessel of May at Gwadar Port

4 months ago

Heidi Klum’s craziest looks through the years

4 months ago

Pakistan Navy saves 6 Indian crew members in Arabian Sea

4 months ago

Revised timings for gyms, sports activities announced in Islamabad

4 months ago

Pakistan Army top brass rejects Taliban’s propaganda

4 months ago

Israel extends detention of Gaza flotilla activists, lawyers say

4 months ago

Latest

Oil prices fall a second day as Trump indicates possible Iran peace deal

4 months ago

The disconnect in Pakistan’s Hepatitis C elimination drive

4 months ago

Pakistan welcomes first transshipment cargo vessel of May at Gwadar Port

4 months ago

Heidi Klum’s craziest looks through the years

4 months ago

Pakistan Navy saves 6 Indian crew members in Arabian Sea

4 months ago

Revised timings for gyms, sports activities announced in Islamabad

4 months ago

MM Digital (Pvt.) Ltd.

MM News is a subsidiary of the MM Group of Companies. It was established in 2019 with the aim of providing people of Pakistan access to unbiased information. Contact Details: 03200201537

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Advertise
  • MM News Urdu
  • The Other Side-Pakistan
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Top Pages

  • Latest News
  • Showbiz
  • OP-ED
  • Technology
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest News
  • Showbiz
  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology

© Copyright 2024 MMNews - All Rights Reserved.