ISLAMABAD: Federal Interior Minister and Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Mohsin Naqvi on Sunday reiterated that his position on the controversial One Constitution Avenue project remained “unchanged”, terming the case “one of the biggest scams in Pakistan’s history”.
Speaking to reporters outside the Gaddafi Stadium late Saturday night following the conclusion of the PSL 11 final, Naqvi said the Capital Development Authority (CDA) maintained that the sale and allotment of the luxury apartment complex was “illegal”. “Bilkul wahi moqif hai… CDA ka bilkul khayal yehi hai ke is mein wo illegal tha jis tarah se us ne becha sara kuch kiya,” Naqvi said, adding that he would present the same stance before the parliamentary committee recently constituted to review the matter.
ون کانسٹیٹیوشن ایونیو پاکستان کی تاریخ کا سب سے بڑا گھوٹالہ ہے جسمیں سب ملوث ہیں ۔وزیر داخلہ محسن نقوی بول پڑے۔#oneconsitituationavenue pic.twitter.com/PQXy4GPh4C
— Sanaullah Khan (@SanaullahDawn) May 4, 2026
Responding to questions about accountability, the minister stressed that the law should apply uniformly to both rich and poor. “Har ek ke liye qanoon hona chahiye, chahay wo ghareeb hai chahay ameer. Ye nahi ho sakta ke ghareeb ke liye kuch aur ameer ke liye kuch aur,” he said.
Naqvi alleged that the case involved a nexus of judges, bureaucrats, politicians, and bankers, claiming that public money was misused for over two decades. “Itna bara scam mera nahi khayal Pakistan ki history mein ho ga… 21 saal wo paise raha aur ye log paise khatay rahay,” he told the media.
The interior minister said action should not be limited to the building alone and called for proceedings against all those who had caused losses to the national exchequer. “Jo jo is mein jis jis ne mulk ko nuqsan pohanchaya hai un sab ke peechay jana chahiye,” he noted.
He added that he would fully back CDA’s position on the issue. “Jo CDA ka moqif hai main us ki bharpoor himayat karta hun aur un ko support karunga.”
Background
One Constitution Avenue, a high-rise residential project in Islamabad’s Red Zone, has been embroiled in legal and regulatory disputes for years. The CDA had earlier sealed the building over alleged violations of building bylaws and illegal allotments. The matter is currently under review by a newly formed committee.
The project has repeatedly come under scrutiny for alleged irregularities in its lease and construction approvals dating back to 2005.















