TEHRAN: Iran announced Monday it will not send a delegation to Pakistan for the anticipated second round of negotiations with the United States, abruptly halting a process that had drawn international attention and triggered sweeping security measures in Islamabad.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baqai told reporters in Tehran that “in the current circumstances, dialogue with the United States is not possible.” He accused Washington of violating a fragile ceasefire and said Iran “cannot trust America.”
“We have no intention of participating in new negotiations with America. America has violated the ceasefire. We have informed the Pakistani mediator,” Baqai said at a press conference.
The announcement comes after Pakistan, acting as mediator, had cleared major hotels in Islamabad, suspended metro bus services, and imposed restrictions on public transport in anticipation of high‑level delegations.
https://archive.mmnews.tv/islamabad-traffic-police-issue-another-plan-amid-expected-arrival-of-foreign-delegations/
Two U.S. military aircraft had already landed at Noor Khan Airbase, fueling speculation that talks were imminent.
Iran’s withdrawal leaves Pakistan’s extraordinary preparations in limbo. While countries at war often continue negotiations alongside military operations, Islamabad’s civic life was disrupted in expectation of talks that now appear canceled.
https://archive.mmnews.tv/naqvi-reviews-security-at-us-embassy-as-islamabad-braces-for-high-level-diplomacy/
Diplomatic observers say the decision underscores the depth of mistrust between Tehran and Washington, and raises fresh doubts about prospects for de‑escalation in the region.















