No Result
View All Result
Monday, August 24, 2026
MM News
اردو
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • National
  • Showbiz
    Dennis Quaid, David Oyelowo and Forrest Goodluck in the 'Lawmen: Bass Reeves' finale Paramount+

    Popular Paramount+ western ‘Lawmen: Bass Reeves’ set for Netflix release

    Taana Baana’s ‘Qurban’ Eid campaign draws backlash

    In Pictures: Met Gala Best and Worst looks

    Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz in 2016. (Donato Sardella/Getty)

    Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden welcome third child

    LHC partially suspends damages ruling against Meesha Shafi in Ali Zafar defamation case

    Nimra Khan announces second marriage

    Colombian pop star Shakira performs during her free concert on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Saturday, May 2, 2026. (AP Photo/Silvia Izquierdo)

    Shakira lights up Rio with free concert attended by 2 million

    What Dananeer Mobeen is doing in London?

    Riteish Deshmukh’s Raja Shivaji movie garners critical acclaim

    Eric Bana as Kyle Turner, Lily Santiago as Naya Vasquez in Untamed.Courtesy of Netflix

    Fancy gripping mystery? Netflix’s ‘Untamed’ is a must-watch

  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side
MM News
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • National
  • Showbiz
    Dennis Quaid, David Oyelowo and Forrest Goodluck in the 'Lawmen: Bass Reeves' finale Paramount+

    Popular Paramount+ western ‘Lawmen: Bass Reeves’ set for Netflix release

    Taana Baana’s ‘Qurban’ Eid campaign draws backlash

    In Pictures: Met Gala Best and Worst looks

    Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz in 2016. (Donato Sardella/Getty)

    Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden welcome third child

    LHC partially suspends damages ruling against Meesha Shafi in Ali Zafar defamation case

    Nimra Khan announces second marriage

    Colombian pop star Shakira performs during her free concert on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Saturday, May 2, 2026. (AP Photo/Silvia Izquierdo)

    Shakira lights up Rio with free concert attended by 2 million

    What Dananeer Mobeen is doing in London?

    Riteish Deshmukh’s Raja Shivaji movie garners critical acclaim

    Eric Bana as Kyle Turner, Lily Santiago as Naya Vasquez in Untamed.Courtesy of Netflix

    Fancy gripping mystery? Netflix’s ‘Untamed’ is a must-watch

  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
MM News
اردو
  • Latest
  • Showbiz
  • Thought Box
  • Business & Stock
  • Opinions
  • Technology
  • The Other Side-Pakistan
Home World

US Supreme Court dismisses Texas suit challenging election result

MM News Staff by MM News Staff
December 12, 2020
Reading Time: 2 mins read

WASHINGTON: The US Supreme Court has dismissed a bid by Texas to overturn the results of the presidential election, which Donald Trump lost to Joe Biden, in a fresh setback for the president.

The longshot suit lodged late Tuesday against four states key in the November 3 vote — Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — challenged Biden’s victory in each jurisdiction.

The Supreme Court, made up of nine justices including three appointed by Trump, said Texas which voted for the president “has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The court’s decision “is an important reminder that we are a nation of laws, and though some may bend to the desire of a single individual, the courts will not,” tweeted Michigan attorney general Dana Nessel.

Biden spokesman Mike Gwin said the ruling was “no surprise.” He said: “Dozens of judges, election officials from both parties, and Trump’s own Attorney General have dismissed his baseless attempts to deny that he lost the election.”

READ MORE: Trump floats idea of 2024 White House run

The Texas suit had been seen as audacious and legally unsound, given that no one state has any legal right to interfere in another’s voting processes. Even so, it was backed by 106 Republican lawmakers and 17 state attorneys general.

Texas alleged that the results in the other four states were “unconstitutional” because of their heavy use of “fraud-prone” mail-in votes during the coronavirus pandemic.

It offered no proof of significant fraud and didn’t challenge the use of mailed ballots in states Trump won. The suit cited numerous alleged examples of potential fraud already rejected by lower courts.

White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany said that the court “dodged” and “hid behind procedure.” In a tweet following the verdict, President Trump said the court had “let us down” and accused it of having “No Wisdom, No Courage!”

READ MORE: Trump administration approves proceeding with Biden transition

Trump and his allies have filed dozens of lawsuits in several key states, almost all of which have been thrown out by the courts. On Tuesday the Supreme Court also refused his bid to overturn his loss in Pennsylvania. Trump had hoped that the high court, whose bench he has tipped solidly to the right, would intervene in his favour.

Minutes before the ruling came down Trump released a new TV ad again falsely claiming that the election was stolen, calling it an “outrage” and telling supporters to contact their legislators.

The lawsuit came as all 50 states plus Washington, DC have formally certified their vote tallies, opening the way to convene the Electoral College. The Electoral College is set to affirm Biden’s win on December 14, and he will be sworn in on January 20.

Tags: Donald TrumpELECTIONpresidentresultUSA
ShareTweetSendShare
Previous Post

My crush is Dawar Mehmood, reveals Amna Ilyas

Next Post

PM congratulates team for reduction in sugar prices

Related Stories

World

Trump pauses Hormuz shipping under Project Freedom

May 6, 2026
File photo
World

Israel extends detention of Gaza flotilla activists, lawyers say

May 5, 2026
Online
World

Trump says stronger US–China relations preferable to conflict

May 5, 2026
Trump urges other nations to send ships to secure Strait of Hormuz
World

US warns of ‘devastating’ response to any Iran attack on shipping

May 5, 2026
Next Post

PM congratulates team for reduction in sugar prices

Latest

Oil prices fall a second day as Trump indicates possible Iran peace deal

4 months ago

The disconnect in Pakistan’s Hepatitis C elimination drive

4 months ago

Pakistan welcomes first transshipment cargo vessel of May at Gwadar Port

4 months ago

Heidi Klum’s craziest looks through the years

4 months ago

Pakistan Navy saves 6 Indian crew members in Arabian Sea

4 months ago

Revised timings for gyms, sports activities announced in Islamabad

4 months ago

Pakistan Army top brass rejects Taliban’s propaganda

4 months ago

Israel extends detention of Gaza flotilla activists, lawyers say

4 months ago

Latest

Oil prices fall a second day as Trump indicates possible Iran peace deal

4 months ago

The disconnect in Pakistan’s Hepatitis C elimination drive

4 months ago

Pakistan welcomes first transshipment cargo vessel of May at Gwadar Port

4 months ago

Heidi Klum’s craziest looks through the years

4 months ago

Pakistan Navy saves 6 Indian crew members in Arabian Sea

4 months ago

Revised timings for gyms, sports activities announced in Islamabad

4 months ago

MM Digital (Pvt.) Ltd.

MM News is a subsidiary of the MM Group of Companies. It was established in 2019 with the aim of providing people of Pakistan access to unbiased information. Contact Details: 03200201537

Quick Links

  • Home
  • Advertise
  • MM News Urdu
  • The Other Side-Pakistan
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Top Pages

  • Latest News
  • Showbiz
  • OP-ED
  • Technology
No Result
View All Result
  • Latest News
  • Showbiz
  • Thought Box
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Technology

© Copyright 2024 MMNews - All Rights Reserved.