KARACHI: Sindh Transport Minister Syed Awais Shah has informed that the provincial government would not lift the ban on public transport until the nationwide lockdown ends.
Talking to journalists in Karachi today (Thursday), Awais Shah said that the Sindh government has already implemented smart lockdown and has allowed several industries to resume their operations.
The provincial transport minister further said that the transporters have cooperated with the provincial government amid lockdown. He also assured that the Sindh government would not leave the transporters alone in these difficult times.
He said, “Some standard operating procedures (SOPs) for transporters have been formulated while the SOPs for intercity bus service has also been proposed.”
Syed Awais Shah assured the transporters that he will put forward the demands and suggestions of in front of Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah.
Earlier on April 26, Sindh Transport Minister met with CM Murad Ali Shah in Karachi to discuss matters related to transporters amid the coronavirus lockdown.
It is worth mentioning here that President Karachi Transport Ittehad Irshad Bukhari had given the ultimatum to the Sindh government to relax the rules for them in the lockdown within three days.
ADVERTISEMENT














