US President Donald Trump has expressed hope that a second round of negotiations with Iran could take place on Friday, with “good news” expected.
Speaking to a US newspaper, Trump said he has instructed the American military to be prepared for all possible scenarios.
He added that talks with Iran could take place within the next 36 to 72 hours, with the second round potentially scheduled for Friday.
It is worth noting that Trump had earlier announced a halt to strikes on Iran following a request from Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Field Marshal Asim Munir.
In a message posted on social media, the US president said the Pakistani leadership had urged restraint, asking Washington to pause any attack on Iran until a consensus proposal from the Iranian leadership is presented.
Trump added that the ceasefire is being extended until the negotiation process is completed, stating that the truce will remain in place until Iran formally presents its proposal.















