Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman, Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi, has announced that the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will commence as scheduled on March 26, but matches will be held without spectators due to prevailing security concerns.
Speaking at a press conference, PCB chairman Mohsin Naqvi said consultations had been ongoing for several days regarding the future of the league, including discussions with the prime minister and security institutions.
Mohsin Naqvi noted that the uncertain situation in the Middle East made it difficult to ensure the safety of large crowds, leading to the decision to bar fans from attending matches.
The PCB chief also confirmed that the opening ceremony of the PSL has been cancelled, and the tournament will begin directly with matches.
All fixtures will be held in Lahore and Karachi, while matches in Peshawar will not take place this season, prompting an apology to cricket fans in the city. He assured multiple matches would be scheduled in Peshawar next year.
Mohsin Naqvi further stated that ticket holders would be eligible for refunds within 72 hours. To mitigate financial losses, the PCB will provide gate money to franchises and compensate them accordingly.
The PCB chairman added that players are expected to start arriving from tonight and tomorrow as preparations for the tournament move forward.
Mohsin Naqvi said the new schedule of the league will be released soon. He confirmed that ‘A’ category players are also coming to the PSL.
He said regular PCB employees are not allowed to work with any franchise, but board employees working on contract are allowed to work with the franchise.















